FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
CAN I JUST WALK IN?
- No, we take bookings in advance and by appointment only. Bookings made via the website will close 12 hours in advance of your game but if you would like to book for the same day we will do our best to fit you in. Please call us on 01633 504149 and we will book you in if we are able - please note that bookings for Friday evenings and Saturdays do usually book up in advance so we recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
DO I HAVE TO PAY IN ADVANCE?
Yes, we take bookings by appointment only which need to be booked via our website. If you booking is in more than one month's time we can arrange to take a non-refundable £30 deposit to reserve your chosen slot with the remainder due closer to the time. To arrange this please email email@example.com with your name, chosen game, time and date you wish to attend and the number of players.
WHAT ARE YOUR OPENING HOURS?
- We usually operate on Thursdays-Sundays. On Thursday, Friday and Sunday our first game is at 4pm and on Saturdays it is at 12 noon. If you would like to attend outside of normal operating hours we will do our best to accommodate you but you will not be able to book in online. Email and let us know what date and time you would like to attend with your game choice and your number of players. We will always do our best to fit you in. We may operate extended hours at peak times such as Halloween & Christmas.
CAN CHILDREN PLAY?
- We do have some age recommendations in place. We suggest that both due to the difficulty level as well as some scary content that our rooms are not best suited to children younger than 15. Children between the ages of 12 and 14 must have an adult (aged 18+) present when they arrive at the Escape Rooms for the rules and health and safety briefing but that adult does not have to play with them. Children younger than 12 can only play if there will be adults playing with them but the absolute lower age limit is 10.
HOW PHYSICAL ARE THE GAMES?
- With regards to physical restrictions, the rooms themselves do not require a great deal of physical exertion, they are all on one level and require no heavy lifting or climbing, though we would suggest you include at least one or two members in your party that can comfortably bend down (to help search the rooms for clues). There are also chairs provided within both game spaces for anyone who may find standing for the full hour uncomfortable. The only potential concern for accessibility is that we are in a basement space so to get to us you currently do need to come down a stone staircase down from street level. The stairs are fairly wide and do have handrails on both sides but if any of your party have problems with stairs we may not be suitable. We have made every effort for the space under our control to be fully wheelchair accessible and hope to work with the building owners to rectify the problems with access in the future.
DO I HAVE TO DRESS UP?/WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
- We provide jumpsuits for both of our themed Escape Rooms but they are not compulsory if you prefer to just wear your own clothes. However we do recommend them as they'll protect your clothes and make for a great group photo at the end. If you'd prefer to skip the jumpsuits that's absolutely fine, in which case, we'd recommend wearing comfortable clothes that you wouldn't mind risking getting a little grubby - You aren't going to be gunged or anything lite that but (without spoilers) both rooms have certain amounts of grime/grubbiness that you might not want to get on your own clothes. Anything you do get on your hands or clothes is completely washable.
CAN I BUY A GAME AS A GIFT?
- Yes we do sell gift vouchers. If you would like to purchase one please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the name of the gift recipient, the number of players in a game you would like to cover and whether you would prefer a hard copy or emailed voucher sent to you. We invoice you for the amount requested which can be paid online and, once paid, within 1-2 working days we would create a voucher code which would deduct the full price off a booking for the selected number of players at checkout when the recipient books. We can send you an emailed voucher that you can print off on your end (all the recipient actually needs is their unique code) or, if you prefer, for an additional £1.25 we can send a hard copy of the voucher for you to hand over as a gift, just provide the postal address when you get in touch.